Skip to main content

5 Days to Christmas!!

Hello everyone! In five more days it'll be Christmas, yeah CHRIST-mas. It's the day we celebrate the birth of our saviour or for most of us its the day we wear new clothes, sing jingle bells and eat rice and chicken. What the....yeah...that doesn't sound right does it?

We watch movies that tell us Christmas is all about having fun and spending time with friends and families oh and of course Santa. Don't get me wrong. I got nothing against Mr Santa Claus; I love presents too. But is that really what Christmas is about? For goodness sake the word has Christ in it. Unfortunately not all of actually reverence Christ on His day.

Okay I'll be honest. Christmas without new clothes, no outing and rice and chicken feels Horrible (with a capital H people lol). I can vividly remember the Christmas I didn't wear new fancy clothes and we stayed at home. I was sooo sad. I cried all day long saying this was the worst Christmas ever! some of you probably feel that way when our human tradition of eating chicken and going out on Christmas day isn't met.

A lot of us end up celebrating everything else excluding Christ on Christmas day. It's stressful and maybe even boring having to go to church. Going out with friends to the movies, partying, travelling, yeah yeah..now we're talking. Sounds more Christmassy right? Permit me to roll my eyes. ps. don't feel bad I'm guilty too lol

We can't celebrate Christmas if we don't really know the essence of it. Please I'd like to know how many of us actually know the essence of Christmas? Why exactly did God come and why do we celebrate the birth of who we call our saviour?

Here are a few;
The Essence of Christmas
1. He came to save the lost (Luke 2:8-11): if you are not saved you will not be able to appreciate the essence of Christmas. Note: Being saved is not the same as going to church everyday or saying grace before you eat. your piety is not the same as being saved. Piety is a practice, Holiness is a lifestyle. Being saved is having the Lord Jesus as resident in you. Have you received Jesus into your heart? That is Christmas.

2. He came for reconciliation and peace (Luke 2: 13-14; 2 Corn 5: 20) : if you are quarrelling with a friend, family member or neighbour then my dear friend let me just advice you. skip the meal and make peace. as a matter of maturity, as a child of God initiate reconciliation.

There are still more I got but till then digest this. I'm about to x. So in advance Teenella wishes you all a Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is a Christian youth

Hey guys! Its Teenella reporting live from her bedroom😉. I just started this blog and I've been thinking nonstop what I should write about.  I wanted to write some kind of mission statement. But it didn't seem appealing to me. So I've spared you the weary talk. 📝 I'm not saying mission statements are boring or. Unimportant. I'll do it later. Instead I'm going to explain what it means to be a christian youth. Two words here: Christian and youth. Definitions: Christian- a religious person who believes Jesus is the Christ and who is a member of a Christian denomination. Youth- a young person (especially a young man or boy) literally a Christian youth is a young person who is a follower of Christ. But I believe there's more to it than just a young follower. Surely it has a deeper meaning. What's you're understanding of a christian youth? To be continued....

Inspiring Poem

Did you know that the month April is recognized as World Poetry month. In honour of this and also because I'm a poet, I'm publishing a self-written poem titled, I'm a Youth. The poem identifies the carefree lifestyle of youths of this generation. I wrote this poem through accumulated experiences, how I feel at times as well as what I see in many youths. Hope you are inspired; Poem: I'm a Youth I'm a youth This means I'm young I'm growing and developing I'm a youth This means I can be shy I can be immature I can do insensible things I'm a youth My mum says I'm strong headed I love to do things myself and take orders from no one. I'm a youth My dad gives me responsibilities I grumble, groan and cant wait to be in the company of my friends. I'm a youth This means I'm always concerned about my looks- shape, clothes, hair I try to be updated on the latest trends. I'm a youth I love to list

Still I Rise

“You may write me down in history With your bitter twisted lies You may trod me in the very dirt But still, like dust, I’ll rise” The above is an excerpt from the poem ‘Still I Rise’ by Maya Angelou one of the most renowned poets of all times. I just love this woman (She’s late by the way…tears). This poem is a personal favourite. In the course of our struggle, success story we will encounter setbacks- fact. We’ll experience disappointments, betrayals, failure. But it’s all meant to make you greater, give you a new strength and increase your wisdom. So do not lament over issues instead give joy and thanks for it is another opportunity to learn something new, break records and refine yourself. Yes, I am aware it’s not easy during times of difficulty but you have to learn to have a resilient spirit that says, “No matter what happens, how big the obstacle is, how tired I may seem, I will not give up, I will not let the problem overcome me. I shall conquer, possess and achieve greate