Skip to main content

The Bigger Picture: Poem Alert

                                                            "You're too shortsighted
                    To see beyond the wall
                     Even though tall
                     It could still fall

                    You're too shortsighted
                    To see beyond the mountain
                    Is a great big fountain
                    That is for now, hidden
              
                    You're too shortsighted
                    To see the rain
                    Isn't actually a pain
                    But could be of gain"

This is an extract from a poem of mine. This poem pretty much captures all I want to explain today. We all pass through trials and temptations and during those times its very easy to become short sighted. We loose sight of His love. Its hard to understand what's happening, why its happening or perhaps how exactly it happened. It is in times like these we are meant to trust God, not to understand, but just trust. I have discovered that in trusting there's probably not much 'sense' in it. But you just have to. Why?

Psalm 118:8 : It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.

So when times get tough, quit looking for love or understanding in all the wrong places but run into his arms. Now there are somethings you have to understand
  1. Understand that you cant understand  click here to read more on that.
Proverbs 3:5 : Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

     2.  God has good intentions for your life just trust Him
Jeremiah 29:11 : For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

    3.  The trials and temptations you go through aren't to weaken you or because God hates you, they are meant to make you stronger, wiser and out of Love. So don't look at it as God punishing you, see it as your father preparing you for something greater. I love what a preacher at a local church where I formerly lived said. He said the Greater the trial the Greater the victory.

Romans 12:12 : Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

James 1:12 : Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.


Its easier to see the wall than imagine what's beyond the wall and realize that no condition is permanent. Its easy to mourn your present situation than hope for what seems impossible. Many times we see our pains and sufferings as punishment from God as because of our sins. But God knows we aren't perfect. That we make mistakes. Now this is not an excuse to sin, we are to strive for righteousness, strive to be like our Savior, Jesus.

Galatians 6:7 : Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 
1 Corinthians 11:1 : Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.

But what if we were to perceive pain from a different perspective, see it as what it truly is. The trials and sufferings we go through are all part of God's plan. He loves us very much and has our best interest at heart. Don't be shortsighted that you fail to realize that the 'rain' isn't just 'pain' but could be of 'gain'.

1 Corinthians 10:13 :No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

James 1:2-4 : Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

I encourage you today not to be shortsighted but look at the bigger picture, which includes not only the mountain that seems impossible to overcome but a fountain. Look at that  tall wall and have hope for it can fall, just keep believing. Don't just see the rain as pain or suffering or punishment, for rejoice as it is of gain.

LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still I Rise

“You may write me down in history With your bitter twisted lies You may trod me in the very dirt But still, like dust, I’ll rise” The above is an excerpt from the poem ‘Still I Rise’ by Maya Angelou one of the most renowned poets of all times. I just love this woman (She’s late by the way…tears). This poem is a personal favourite. In the course of our struggle, success story we will encounter setbacks- fact. We’ll experience disappointments, betrayals, failure. But it’s all meant to make you greater, give you a new strength and increase your wisdom. So do not lament over issues instead give joy and thanks for it is another opportunity to learn something new, break records and refine yourself. Yes, I am aware it’s not easy during times of difficulty but you have to learn to have a resilient spirit that says, “No matter what happens, how big the obstacle is, how tired I may seem, I will not give up, I will not let the problem overcome me. I shall conquer, possess and achieve greate

Inspiring Poem

Did you know that the month April is recognized as World Poetry month. In honour of this and also because I'm a poet, I'm publishing a self-written poem titled, I'm a Youth. The poem identifies the carefree lifestyle of youths of this generation. I wrote this poem through accumulated experiences, how I feel at times as well as what I see in many youths. Hope you are inspired; Poem: I'm a Youth I'm a youth This means I'm young I'm growing and developing I'm a youth This means I can be shy I can be immature I can do insensible things I'm a youth My mum says I'm strong headed I love to do things myself and take orders from no one. I'm a youth My dad gives me responsibilities I grumble, groan and cant wait to be in the company of my friends. I'm a youth This means I'm always concerned about my looks- shape, clothes, hair I try to be updated on the latest trends. I'm a youth I love to list

Who is a Christian youth

Hey guys! Its Teenella reporting live from her bedroom😉. I just started this blog and I've been thinking nonstop what I should write about.  I wanted to write some kind of mission statement. But it didn't seem appealing to me. So I've spared you the weary talk. 📝 I'm not saying mission statements are boring or. Unimportant. I'll do it later. Instead I'm going to explain what it means to be a christian youth. Two words here: Christian and youth. Definitions: Christian- a religious person who believes Jesus is the Christ and who is a member of a Christian denomination. Youth- a young person (especially a young man or boy) literally a Christian youth is a young person who is a follower of Christ. But I believe there's more to it than just a young follower. Surely it has a deeper meaning. What's you're understanding of a christian youth? To be continued....